Marriage registration


Tell the city hall that you are getting married.


1. Application place
(1) Toyohashi City Hall West Building 1st Floor Citizen's Division
Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) 8:30 am-5:15 pm
(2) Counter center


2. What to bring
Please take the following items and complete the procedure at the city hall.
・ Marriage registration (You can get it at the city hall or counter center in advance and get it at the city hall or counter center)
・ A copy of the family register (only for those whose registered domicile is not in Aichi Prefecture)
・ My number card (only for those who change their surname)


3. Precautions
・ Two people over the age of 20 must sign the marriage registration as witnesses.
・ When a person under the age of 20 gets married, the consent of the parents (adoptive parents) is required.
・ If you are married to a foreign national and submit a marriage registration to the embassy or consulate in Japan, you do not need to submit the marriage registration to the city hall.For more information, please ask the embassy or consulate in Japan, or the city hall.
・ Your status of residence may change due to marriage, so please ask the city hall.


For details, please see our dedicated web page.




Toyohashi City Citizens Division Telephone 0532-51-2279
Contact Form
* Please send us your impressions of the WEB page and the opinions of the information you want to be posted.Thanks for your cooperation.